Google to Google migration: Aasaanjobs case study
We do a lot of migrations at NextNovate, mostly from an on-premise situation to the cloud (Google Workspace). Every now and then we also do Google to Google migrations. This was also the case at Aasaanjobs, an Indian job portal website that was acquired by (NextNovate customer) OLX Group. Both organizations were happy users of Google Workspace, so a Google to Google migration was the way to go.
We had the pleasure to assist the local teams at Aasaanjobs & OLX Group with this migration. Upfront the Google migration, Slack, Okta, AWS, ServiceNow, Gitlab, and Zoom were already migrated. For the first time within OLX Group, a Google to Google migration had to take place. Starting with a significant 647 users, there was no room for trial and error. A project plan was initiated with OLX Group, and all key steps were executed with our help. Some highlights:
- Mapping all existing systems to ensure the email flow during the migration;
- Find a way to migrate Google Drive files as well, preserving their sharing settings and link references;
- Understanding Aasaanjobs’ existing Google Workspace environment in terms of security policies, created org units, user’s Google Drive sizes, and logins to third-party applications;
- Using the BitTitan migration tool
- Setting up and driving user engagement across 600+ users for Google Drive migration.
As always, preparation was key. It took about 3 months of preparation, planning, and testing before the actual migration was conducted. This resulted in migration with no disruption in user experience (email, calendars).
Everything happened overnight, the next day all Aasaanjobs users could log in with their brand new OLX.com accounts – without any hiccups. Since then everyone could enjoy benefits like the OLX identity, increased Drive capacity, additional Google Workspace functionality, and increased security.
Both NextNovate, and OLX Group look back at a nice collaboration and are happy with the outstanding results.